“I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”Brene Brown
Out with the old and in with the new!
This is the last post for 2019, as next Friday will be 2020. I am looking forward with continued optimism and looking back with an abundance of gratitude.
I can’t believe how fast the years seem to go by in what appears to be a blink of an eye. As a child, we think it goes by so slow, we are bored and can’t wait to grow up.
As I reflect on 2019, I thought it would be a nice end of the year to share what I am grateful for this year.
I have learned so much and grown through the generosity of so many amazing people.
I have met some wonderfully positive people that lift others up, giving generously of their time, talent, and experience.
Gratitude filled with #woohoo’s
So here is my top ten list in no particular order:
- My faith continues to be strong, no matter what has been thrown my way.
- My health and well-being, to include my energy both physically and mentally, improved this year, and I stayed true to commitments I made to myself to prioritize this.
- My husband for his unwavering love and support. Also, my family and our close bonds – truly blessed!
- My friends, who are extended family. They are genuine through and through.
- My livelihood, a.k.a. my career. We are doing some fantastic things to fix healthcare, and I am excited about all we can do to help our customers
- The teams I lead are AMAZING. They are compassionate, smart, funny, and caring. They have so much grit and teach me so much.
- The friends I have made through giving back to women in business. These ladies and gents are freaking AWESOME, and I am learning so much from them. They have the biggest hearts and a tremendous capacity to help others.
- My opportunities to write for different outlets on different topics. Indeed, new learnings and something so many have encouraged me to do over the years.
- The people that have supported me in my fledgling blog and my foray into social media. They have given so much of their time to help. I am so grateful that people actually follow me 😂. The greatest gift is when they share that one of my messages has helped them.
- The increased opportunities to present at conferences this year and through that, influence the conference programs to include support for women in technology, leadership, equity, and inclusion.
I am going to keep this short this week, and hope to encourage you to think about what you’re genuinely grateful for, and let the propel you into 2020.
As we launch into 2020, and a new decade, consider spending a few minutes each day writing down what you are grateful for and share your gratitude with others.
Most people get so little positivity or even simple appreciation that when you share it, it lights up their world.
You CAN make a difference in their life by showing your gratitude.
Say thank you, be authentic, and Shine Brightly!